Since CPC has a history of
making 12Z stratospheric analyses, the Reanalysis CD-ROMs have 12Z
analyses of temperature, geopotential height and even winds!
The monthly mean analyses include
- 100 mb T, Z, winds
- 50 mb T, Z, winds
- 20 mb T, Z, winds
The isentropic data also covers the stratosphere and includes
monthly means on 270, 280, 290, 300, 315, 330, 350, 400,
450, 550, 650K surfaces. Variables include,
- 1000-10 mb T, U, V, Z, U'V', U'T', V'T'
- 1000-100 mb omega, U'omega', T'omega'
- 1000-300 mb q, U'q', V'q' omega'q'
primes are deviation from that month's mean
- Montgomery streamfunction
- potential vorticity
- horizonatal winds
- mass-weighted horizonatal winds