We know that people will try the demo and say, "I wish it would do ...".
So feel free to take the "demo" and customize it. This page shows
how to change the "demo" to run from a hard disk. (This is not the
only way but it is the simplest.)
The demo on the hard disk can be run by c:\mydemo\demo.bat
- The following instructions assume that the
cd-rom is drive e:. Replace e: by the drive
letter of your cd-rom.
- make a subdirectory for the new demo
- mkdir c:\mydemo
- copy demo.gs, monthly.gs and daily.gs to c:\mydemo
- copy e:\programs\pcgrads\demo.gs c:\mydemo
- copy e:\programs\pcgrads\daily.gs c:\mydemo
- copy e:\programs\pcgrads\monthly.gs c:\mydemo
- edit c:\mydemo\demo.gs, change 7th line from bottom from
- 'run monthly.gs'
- 'run c:\mydemo\monthly.gs'
- edit c:\mydemo\demo.gs, change 10 line from bottom from
- 'run daily.gs'
- 'run c:\mydemo\daily.gs'
- make a new file, c:\mydemo\demo.bat, with the following 3 lines
- cd e:\programs\pcgrads
- grads.exe -lc "run c:\mydemo\demo.gs"