The CTB Science Advisory Board (SAB) works with the broader climate community to provide independent advice on:
- High-priority scientific challenges;
- Implementation strategies to meet these scientific challenges;
- Coordination with other programs (e.g., CLIVAR, GEWEX).
The CTB Science Advisory Board (SAB) is composed of national and international climate
scientists, and scientists from active Numerical Forecast Centers (NFC's). It is chaired by a
member of the non-NOAA climate community, and membership is recommended by the SAB
Chair and approved by the Oversight Board (OB). Members will serve a 3-year term (except 3, 4 and 5
years initially to allow for a smooth rotation). The SAB advises the CTB management and reports to the OB.
The SAB will meet at least once per year.
The CTB Science Advisory Board Team:
- T. Barnston (IRI)
- T. Busalacchi (ESSIC, University of Maryland) - Chair
- J. Kinter (COLA)
- M. Harrison (UKMO)
- E. Harrison (PMEL)
- Tony Rosati (GFDL)
- Joe Tribbia (NCAR)
- S. Sorooshian (University of California - Irvine)
- K. Redmond (DRI)
- M. Suarez (GMAO)